Rustic Pear Spiced Christmas Cake
1. Using a beater, blend all cake ingredients (leaving the fruit) together for 1 minute on slow speed.
2. Scrape down.
3. Beat on second speed for 5 minutes.
4. Blend in fruit on slow speed.
5. Peel 6 x fresh pears, core and cut into 4, keeping the stork on one piece.
6. Stand up on the side of an 8" round tin.
7. Add batter to centre, two thirds up the height of the pears.
8. Make up crumble, sprinkle on top, sprinkle over some flaked almonds then dust with granulated sugar.
9. Bake at 180℃ (375℉) for approximately 50 - 60 minutes.
10. Once cool, decorate with holly.