Hazel Chocolate Bar Cake
1. Using a beater, blend all ingredients together for 1 minute on slow speed.
2. Scrape down.
3. Beat on second speed for 5 minutes.
4. Deposit 1kg onto a 18x30 lined tray.
5. Bake at 180℃ (360℉) for approximately 5-8 minutes.
6. Beat all the ingredients together until light and soft.
7. Slice the chocolate cake into 5 equal layers.
8. Sandwich together the layers of sponge sheets with the hazel butter cream and chill.
9. Once the cakes have chilled and set, cut into bars and stack in alternate directions to a Battenburg shape.
10. Coat with a thin layer of cream and for best results and this stage, cover outside with a thin layer of marzipan.
11. Enrobe the marzipan with melted dark chocolate, and finish with hazelnuts.